My original Scottish Shortbread recipe is my favorite, but when I'm really looking to impress my guests I reach for my exquisite Millionaire Shortbread Recipe.
Millionaire Shortbread is the perfect combination of melt in your mouth shortbread, homemade caramel, and your favorite chocolate to top things off.
- 1 Package of my Scottish Shortbread Ingredients
- 1 Stick of premium salted butter
- 1/2 cup (heaping - 4 oz total) Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/3 Cup of Sweetened Condensed Milk (1 tin)
- 4 TSP of Golden Syrup (May substitute Maple Syrup or Corn Syrup)
- 8 oz of the best chocolate you can afford (this is Millionaire Shortbread!)
- For the best result, of course I recommend using my family's secret Scottish Shortbread ingredients.
- Follow the directions on the package and be sure to watch my video and read my FAQ's to make sure your Scottish shortbread turn out perfect.
- After you blend your Scottish Shortbread ingredients and 1 stick of softened butter to a bread crumb consistency in your food processor, line a small baking tray (11 x 7) with parchment paper and press shortbread crumbs firmly into tray using the back of a spoon to form a compacted rectangle almost to the edges of the tray.
- Bake in oven at 300 for 20-22 minutes then let cool.
- In a saucepan heat 1 stick of butter, a heaping 1/2 cup (4oz total) of granulated sugar, 1 1/3 cup (1 tin) of sweetened condensed milk, and 4 tsp of golden syrup over low heat. Bring to slow boil and stir often until golden.
- Pour over Scottish Shortbread base and let cool
- Melt chocolate in saucepan over low heat and pour on top of cooled shortbread and caramel base. Put in the fridge just until chocolate sets (about 30 minutes).
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
I savor my Millionaire Scottish Shortbread with a millionaire cup of coffee suitable to complement. I might even share a little with my dog Fusky!