These sausage rolls are a favorite in our house. They are savory, simple to assemble, and will quickly win the hearts of anyone that tries them! Don't forget your “Just Add Butter” Scottish Shortbread mix for dessert 😉
- 1lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 boxes of Puff pastry sheets
- 2 eggs divided
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 Tbsp water
1. Let your frozen puff pastry defrost and heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix together sausage meat, breadcrumbs, spices and 1 egg.
3. Lay out puff pastry and place sausage mixture down the centre of each strip of puff pastry.
4. Carefully fold the puff pastry over the sausage meat and press down to make a seam.
5. Cut into pieces and pierce pastry with a fork.
6. Lightly beat the other egg with water and put some egg wash on top of pastry.
7. Bake for 20-25 min (until golden).
Tip: These freeze really well and can be reheated.